Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Little Things

I noticed a couple of little things lately that really made a big difference for me.  I went to lunch at Cosi and realized they post the calories for menu items right there up on the big menu.  They also had stickers on the drinks revealing their calorie contents.  This made ordering super easy for me (didn't have to pull out my iphone to start searches). Thanks, Cosi! I'll be visiting you again.

The next thing I noticed was that calories are posted on some of the bakery items in Starbucks.  My first reaction to something like this is that it probably wouldn't be a great business decision to do something like this because it might keep people from buying something they would have splurged on if they hadn't been aware of just how much damage it would cause.  But then I noticed that these were posted on the little things.  Starbucks Petites as they are labeled on their bakery menu.  So it was a two-fold change.  They put the calories up AND they made the portions tiny.  HURRAY!  That's the kind of business change I love to see.  And with both of those things in place, I just might treat myself to a petite cupcake or whoopie pie one of these days.




Whoopie!

No comments:

Post a Comment