Friday, February 4, 2011

Coach, Business, First Class



I was riding my horse, Pacino, on Saturday.  We were doing fine, but then my trainer came out to watch us and said "why are you riding him as a first level horse when he is a Prix Saint George level horse? You need to ask more of him."

I did and he obligingly complied.

He's very willing to do anything I ask, I just have to ask him.  When it comes to exercise and physical activity, I guess I'm like that, too.  If someone tells me to do something, asks me to do more, indicates I can put more effort in, I do. That's why I need a coach.   Just like my horse needs me to ask him to perform to his ability, I need someone to remind me how much I should be doing and to make sure I do it correctly.

Dan is my business coach, Judith and Debbie are my dressage coaches, and Jeff is my fitness coach.

Are you working to your potential?  Maybe you need a coach.

“If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.” -Tom Krause

“All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself” - Bill McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment