Friday, February 26, 2010

Watch, learn, and don't eat my cookie

I ate half of a cookie today. Amazing! I mean the half I didn't eat is AMAZING.



So this is how it went down. My 14 year old daughter went into Subway for her vegetarian sub (bread with lettuce?) and came back into the car and the conversation went something like this:

Her: Mom, I got you a cookie.

Me: You got me a cookie, I'm on a diet.

Her: Well, actually they were 3 for the price of 2 and I wanted 2, so I got you a cookie. You can have one.

Me: I'll have it if you think it is REALLY good.

Her: (pulls out the cookie) It looks good. Here.

Me: OK, I'll take a bite and if it's good I'll eat it, and if not, we'll toss it out, it's biodegradable. (bite, nomnomnom) It's good. (nomnomnom) I think I'm done. A whole cookie probably doesn't taste any better than half a cookie.

I was pretty impressed with my ability to stop.

Admittedly, had this been a wedge of cheese, the outcome would have been very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment