Thursday, March 11, 2010

Packing the Dreaded White Breeches

Time to get serious.

We load the horses tomorrow morning at 7AM. I'll take the day off from work in order to do real manual labor.

First dressage show of the season; we are headed to Poplar Place. I know my breeches fit since they are the same brand that I wear every day to ride, but the coat...ah, I forgot to take out my coat ahead of time to check.



Tonight I tried it on and thank goodness it fits, barely. I'm hoping that by the end of the season, it will become too large and I will have to buy a new one.


n.b. the picture above is NOT me. Objects in mirror are larger than they appear.

I'm not looking forward to putting on the "white stretchy pants", but there really isn't any way to hide it; I'm fat, and the color of my breeches just isn't going to change that fact. HOWEVER, what I eat and how much I exercise WILL change that.

My goals this weekend (other than entering at "A" smiling without wolf boots still on my horse, and me still being on top of my horse for my final "X halt salute") is to avoid the cheese, drink the champagne in moderation, and stick to my plan. Yes, I know, I set lofty goals.

If I'm good, I'll go walk the cross country course for exercise. It is beautiful, hilly, and my rides aren't until the afternoon on both days so I have plenty of time.



I've packed plenty of veggies and fruit, and have left the cheese to others in our party to bring. (I'm hoping they'll bring the cheap cheese I don't like! emoticon)

No comments:

Post a Comment